Wednesday, May 29, 2019

It is with much sorrow that we tell of the passing of Kmom

It is to my great sorrow that I must write that Kmom, aka Pamela Vireday my wife, passed away on May 23 from complications due to ALK Positive Lung Cancer (non-smoking lung cancer).  Her four children were singing to her at the moment, and we were all together at the time.

She never wrote about her cancer here, wanted to keep that issue out of this blog.  But as she researched her cancer she found the blogs and information from other cancer patients, and she found comfort in what they wrote.  So she created another blog to help others, as part of her legacy too.  https://cancercontinuum.blogspot.com/

We will keep these blogs active for a long long time.  She left over 163(!) drafts for this particular blog alone, so there is plenty of material available. I am hoping for a future editor to take over the blog because this is not my area of expertise.

Let me thank you in advance for your condolences and sympathies, and know that we her family are okay at the moment.  Moving forward from this point is always hard, will be ups and downs. But we are together and she is always with each of us.

For you dear reader, she would say take care of yourself too. Light a candle, meditate, hit pool noodles together, have squirt gun fights, talk to someone who will listen. Do what you need to do to mourn. And use the information you find here as you need, to carry on the purpose of this blog in your own ways.

Signed, Richard Vireday.  Loving Husband, Father to our Children, Her Best Friend.

11 comments:

OptimistiCynic: said...

Richard, I give you and your family all my condolences on the loss of Pamela. She made such contributions to the world through this blog! I learned that I have lipedema because of her. I've referred pregnant friends to this blog, where they found help and solace. I hope she knew how much good she did through her research and writing. She will be missed.

aliphil said...

I am so sorry. I enjoyed reading her blog and it was helpful. May her memory become a blessing to you all.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. Kmom was such an encouragement to me when I was planning my first HBAC with my twins almost 14 years ago. She was so knowledgeable, compassionate, and a wonderful source of support. She will be greatly missed by so many.

Jen McLellan said...

I'm so sad to hear of Pamela's passing. I was lucky enough to meet her a few years ago in Portland. I'm grateful for her work! I'll be holding her family in my thoughts.

NessieMonster said...

Richard and family, I am so very sad to hear of your loss.

Kmom was an excellent researcher and writer and, in having followed this blog of hers for a number of years, I learned so much from her. Thank you for keeping this blog online going forwards.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Mr Vireday������ This blog has helped so many people��

Angela Meadows said...

I am so sorry for your loss. She touched so many people's lives and was an inspiration to us all.

Deborah said...

Dear Richard, I've followed Pamela's work for - can it be? - almost 20 years. While I didn't know her personally, her intellect, kindness, resourcefulness, and love of life shone through her writing. I was terribly sad to hear of her death; I send you and the rest of her family my deepest condolences. May her memory be for a blessing.

Unknown said...

I am so very, very sorry. Her work has been a significant resource that I've shared with people countless times over the years. I'm grateful. - Marilyn Wann, FAT!SO?

Mich said...

I just checked just now to see if there were any new posts, only to find that she is no longer with us. I found out about Lipedema here first, 4 yrs ago, and spent the next 2 yrs researching doctors and treatments, and finally got my first lipo last fall. If this blog hadn't existed, I would never have found out about it, and I would be truly disabled by now.

crystal_b said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I started reading this blog almost 10 years ago & found it a very valuable resource as I was having my own kids. Sending love and light to you, Richard & kids.