Monday, July 20, 2009

We plan, God laughs

So, I haven't posted in a while. Time to fix that!

At the end of the school year, things were just sooo busy.....yet I still managed to post at least sometimes. I thought, well, when school is out and I'm not responsible for this and that and not constantly driving here and there, I'll get sooo many of my projects done and get so many new posts done.....!!

Yah. We plan, God laughs. Especially when children are involved.

Why do I always forget just how distracting it is to have FOUR children in the house with me instead of just one? I sit down at the computer, and someone is ALWAYS interrupting me. I do what I can to avoid distractions and prevent interruptions.....and still they find ways. Oy.

Now mind, I have gotten some things done. My veggie garden is in and thriving, we've been camping/on vacation, we've had fun with relatives visiting from out of town, we've had swimming lessons galore, we've seen several plays, we've had quality time with the family, I've gotten the kids to various camps and cool activities, we've gotten some projects done around the house, I've got some research in progress.......but writing has really gotten the short end of the stick. Bleah.

So be patient with me. I have several posts in the works. Hopefully they won't have to wait until school starts to get done.....!! I've carved out a little child-free time this week....nothing major, but a few hours.....so hopefully I'll get some of my backlog moving again.

Hang in there, I'm still here. Keep checking back!!

[And if there's something you are just dying for me to write about, feel free to mention it in the comments. Can't promise when I'll get to it, but I always listen to feedback and appreciate knowing what's on people's minds.]

3 comments:

MigiziNse-ikwe said...

I have really really enjoyed your series on pregnancy and obese women. I hope you'll continue to write about it! In the meantime, enjoy your family time. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you still plan on blogging! And glad you are having a great summer. Look forward to more posts!!

Vicki M.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking at your website on plus size preganancy for the last 5 months. THANK YOU for updating! There is no other source out there to educate and inform plus size women and without you I wouldn't have had the nerve to question my doctor on our blood pressure cuff. THANK YOU for the information and for making me feel empowered!